Saturday 9 April 2011

Daughter's taunt makes Afridi desperate to improve batting

 "I will focus on improving my batting during the tour. It has become really weak," Afridi told reporters here on Friday of the ODI series against the West Indies later this month.

"Even my daughter has started calling me 'Baba Boom Boom Out' because of my poor batting performance," he smiled.

Afridi finished the 2011 World Cup as the joint highest wicket-taker but flopped miserably with the bat.

"It is not an easy tour and we will have to give our best to achieve best results," he said.

Afridi was recently advised by former Pakistan captain Imran Khan to come out of Test retirement and also lead the country in the longer form of the game.

However, Afridi said that he has no plans to return to Test cricket.

"I don't have any plans to make a Tests' return," he said. "I think I am not the best choice for that format."

Afridi said Pakistan has the potential to become the world's best team.

"My team has improved a lot recently and our performance in the World Cup under pressure was commendable. I can say if we continue the same progress, we can become like the Aussies who were considered as invincible few years back."

Afridi expressed disappointment over the comments of senior all-rounder Abdul Razzaq, who after being dropped for the tour of West Indies complained he was given few chances in the World Cup. "It is not true. The team management gave equal chances to all the players," said Afridi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment