Sunday 22 May 2011

Shane Warne hopes he helped Indian cricket by playing IPL

Shane Warne hopes he helped Indian cricket by playing IPL


Former Australian leg spinner, Shane Warne, has hoped that his stint in the Indian Premier League (IPL) with the Rajasthan Royals has helped Indian cricket in a big way.
Warne has retired from all forms of the game and the ongoing fourth season of IPL is his last appearance in any competitive cricket event. Warne has captained the Royals in all four seasons of the league and led his team to glory in the inaugural edition of IPL.
Warne is considered as the greatest leg spinner to have played the game at the highest level and a great analyzer of cricket. The leg spinner retired from international cricket back in 2007 and at that stage he felt that his time is over but to play in IPL for four consecutive years has been tremendous for him.
He added that playing for Rajasthan has been a great experience for him. Warne also took the opportunity to thank the owners of his team and praised some of the younger players of the Royals.
"When I retired in January 2007, I thought that's it, I'll sit back and watch the game, but I have had four great years in the IPL. It's been a privilege and a pleasure to captain the Royals. It has been an honour. Hopefully, I've helped Indian cricket. I think there is a big future for some of the guys, the likes of Chavan, Meneria, they are gonna be benefited", Warne said.
Warne added that he would still like to be involved in IPL and plans to take on the coaching role with any franchise. Former leg spinner said that he would like to serve Rajasthan in the future and will discuss the matters with the owners because they have treated him very kindly for the last four years.
"You never say never, especially in my life. I would like to stay involved with the IPL somehow, whether it would be with the Royals or not that I have to discuss with the owners. They have been great to me, so I would be happy to help them", he added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment