Sunday 22 May 2011

Abdul Qadir admires Shane Warne

Abdul Qadir admires Shane Warne


Pakistan's former leg-spinner, Abdul Qadir has appreciated successful career of the Aussie leg-spinner, Shane Warne, rates him as a ‘diamond’ for leaving an ineradicable impact on the game with his magical spin bowling.
"I found Shane a great human being and a great cricketer. I use the word great for only a few players, like I can use it for Tendulkar and Warne", Qadir said.
He added; "For me Warne was a diamond for his exemplary skills".
Qadir, who was considered a great spinner of the world, said, Warne has been inspiring every follower of cricket, and wished him good luck for the future.
The Pakistani leggy, who has taken 236 Test wickets and 132 One Day wickets, during his outstanding career said, "Every interaction I had with Warne was memorable. He always respected me and I can't forget the day he came to meet me in my house in Lahore in 1995”.
"He asked me about some tips. He listened with respect to whatever I told him and after that, whenever we met, he gave me the respect of a teacher and a former leg spinner", Qadir added.   
Pakistan’s leg-spinner, Danish Kaneria, who is confident to make his comeback in the national team after getting clearance from the integrity authority, also admired the former Australian bowler.
Kaneria said that he was a great leg-spinner and that he respects Warne, who had always been there to help him, whenever he had faced problem in bowling.
"I played against him - both in county and in Pakistan-Australia series and found him a fierce competitor. He never used to give up and had so many tricks up his sleeves. It will be hugely difficult to find another Warne", Kaneria said.
The legendary spinner, who has said goodbye to cricket, took retirement from the Indian Premier League, and said that leaving cricket is making him sad because he enjoyed every moment of his career.
On his retirement Warne stated; "My life, like everyone's, has been full of highs and lows. I have been fortunate to experience many more highs than lows and for that I am very lucky".

0 comments:

Post a Comment